- Copy link
Miralem Pjanić is a new Barça player and will strengthen the squad from the 2020/2021 season. Here are 10 stats about the Bosnian that will help you get to know him in more detail.
1) He was born on April 2, 1990, just three days before the 1989/90 Copa del Rey final in which Barça beat Real Madrid 2-0, thanks to goals from Guillermo Amor and Julio Salinas.
2) Pjanić started playing football thanks to his father, Fahrudin, who was an FK Drina Zvornik player in the Yugoslav Third Division. On the verge of the outbreak of the Bosnian War, his father secured a contract with a semi-professional team in Luxembourg, which allowed him to escape and live safely with Miralem, who was still a baby, and his wife.
3) The midfielder played in the youth teams of the Luxembourg national side, but ended up playing his entire senior career for the Bosnian national team. He has the third highest amount of caps for the national side (92) and is their sixth highest scorer (15).
4) Pjanić made his Champions League debut against Barça. He did so on February 24, 2009, with Lyon in the first leg of the Round of 16. The match ended 1-1 on French soil, but Barça won 5-2 on their return to the Camp Nou.
5) During his football career, Pjanić has played seven games against Barça: one with Lyon, two with Roma and four with Juventus, winning one, drawing three and losing three.
6) He is the second player in the history of the club to be born in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Meho Kodro, who was a Barça player during the 1995/96 season, is the other.
7) Throughout his career he has coincided with Barça players. Before signing for Roma in the summer of 2011, he played a few matches with a young Samuel Umtiti at Lyon. In Rome he shared a dressing room with Bojan (2011/12) and Keita (2014/15 - 2015/16), whilst in his first season at Juventus he was part of the same squad as Dani Alves and Neto (2016/17).
8) Pjanić wore the number 33 at Metz. At Lyon, he wore No.18 in his first season, then took the No.15 for a time before wearing the No.8 for the rest of his time there. In Rome he wore No.15 again and at Juventus he wore the No.5 throughout his four seasons there.
Les darreres quatre temporades Pjanić ha portat el dorsal '5'. Foto: Juventus
9) In August 2013, his first and only child was born: Edin.
10) Along with Leo Messi, Serge Gnabry of Bayern Munich and Scott McTominay, Pjanić is part of the cover of the video game Pro Evolution Soccer 2020.
- Copy link