- Copy link
The Johan Cruyff Stadium will be the crown jewel of the Ciutat Esportiva, and will bear the name of the blaugrana legend, who was one of the main proponents of the Club's commitment to youth football and the style of play which characteristics FC Barcelona. The result is a modern and functional design created by Batlle and Roig Architects. In honor of Cruyff himself, here are 14 things about the new stadium:
1) The Estadi Johan Cruyff will be the new home of Barça B and the Barça Women’s Team and, having been granted UEFA Category 3 Status, the U19A Team for UEFA Youth League matches, as well as UEFA Women’s Champions League matches. It will also be sanctioned by the LFP for Spanish Second Division matches.
2) Modern and efficient venue with capacity for 6,000 spectators.
3) Characterised by an asymmetric profile, which is composed of a lower-tier (5,000 spectators), and a second-tier grandstand (1,000 spectators) with a built-in roof that creates a powerful identity inspired by the old Camp de la Indústria.
4) The stadium has a 360º seating bowl, which allows spectators to sit along the entire perimeter of the field to generate a strong sense of unity.
5) The curved corners create the utmost proximity between spectators and players, helping them blend together as one.
6) Great visibility from every seat, meeting the standards expected of a modern-day football stadium.
7) Seven hundred (700) parking spaces.
8) It will be a smart and sustainable stadium, and will conserve or replant all existing trees on the project site.
9) Sixty-two (62) places for guests using wheelchairs (plus companions) distributed throughout the stadium.
10) Media and press zones, with separate entrances and work areas.
11) An innovative LED lighting system will be installed, with FC Barcelona being one of the first teams in Europe to do so in one of its stadiums.
12) Two (2) scoreboards, one at each end.
13) Almost all of the 6,000 ergonomic seats will be blue and, whether free of occupied, will combine with the red-coloured Estadi Johan Cruyff to create an unmistakable Barça aesthetic. Opposite the grandstand, yellow seats will spell the words MES QUE UN CLUB.
14) The Estadi Johan Cruyff will have an innovative, hybrid grass field, based on the placement of sod braided together with sheets of synthetic fibre to significantly improve performance of the playing surface.
- Copy link