The goal apiece for FC Barcelona and Real Madrid may have been the most important stat from Saturday’s Clásico at the Camp Nou, but there were plenty of interesting numbers from the game.
We take a look through some of the figures that stood out from the recent derby:
- Neymar Jr took his assists tally for the season up to 13 after his free-kick found the head of Luis Suárez to open the scoring. Seven of them have come in La Liga while six have been in Europe.
- His assist also makes it his third assist against Real Madrid, with previous crucial passes coming in the 2013/14 season for Alexis Sánchez and last season’s back heel for Iniesta’s goal that made it 4-0 at the Bernabéu.
- Unfortunately, Neymar also racked up his fifth yellow of the campaign which means he misses Barça’s league game against Osasuna on Saturday.
- Luis Suárez’s header made it the 22nd consecutive Clásico in which Barça got on the scoresheet.
- Suárez has now scored four goals in the five Clásicos he has featured in since arriving at the start of the 2014/15 campaign.
- Since Neymar and Suárez joined the club, they have combined for 33 goals; the Uruguayan making 19 assists for the Brazilian, while Neymar has made 14 in return for his teammate.
- Saturday’s draw spelled the end of a run of nine games without a draw between the two sides. The record is 13 games which went on from 1977 until 1983.
- Leo Messi was Barça’s captain for the first time in a Clasico. He has filled in as while Andrés Iniesta has been out injured but when the Spaniard came on just before the hour mark, normal service was resumed as he took the armband for the rest of the game.