- Copy link
You know that Barça beat Espanyol 4-1 on Sunday, but here are a few things that might have escaped your attention from another fantastic derby performance from FCB:
- Jordi Alba became the 12th Barça player to score this season, He had not found the net since the Copa del Rey Final against Sevilla on May 22.
- The team has reached the half-way stage of LaLiga with 66 goals scored in all competitions. Leo Messi leads the way with 23.
- Luis Suárez and Leo Messi end the calendar year as joint top goalscorers in the league with 12 each, two more than Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid.
- Andrés Iniesta won ten balls in the derby, more than any other player.
- Curiously enough, FC Barcelona started 2016 with a 4-1 defeat of Espanyol at the Camp Nou in the Copa del Rey, and the penultimate game of the year has ended with exactly the same result against the same team and in the same stadium.
- Espanyol had only conceded one goal in their previous six league games – and conceded four last night. The events also brought an end to their nine-match unbeaten spree in the competition.
- Copy link