- Copy link
The blaugranas’ Trident can’t stop breaking records. In the 4-1 win over Villarreal at the Camp Nou, Barça’s spectacular trio of forwards Leo Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar Jr reached the 100-goal milestone for the third year in a row. This means they have managed to reach a century of goals in all three of the seasons they have played together.
They are on 102 for the campaign so far with Messi contributing an incredible 51 goals, Luis Suárez has chipped in with 35 and Neymar Jr has 16. Seventy-two of these goals have come in the league, 18 in the Champions League, ten in the Copa del Rey and two in the Spanish Supercup.
Aside from the incredible scoring exploits of our very own MSN, the win against Villarreal provided plenty of statistics worth mentioning:
- Leo Messi, who has 51 goals so far this season, has reached a half-century for the fifth time in his career. He reached this milestone with a Panenka penalty against the Yellow Submarine on Saturday. The penalty was similar to the one he scored against Getafe in 2015.
- Neymar Jr continued his fine form against Villarreal with his ninth goal against them in the 4-1 win making them the team he has scored the most goals against. Moreover, Barça have never lost a game at the Camp Nou in which the Brazilian has scored with a record of 43 wins and one draw.
- Luis Suárez has scored 83 times in 95 Liga matches for the Catalans taking him level with Hristo Stoichkov who reached this number in 175 appearances.
- Barça have beaten Villarreal seven times in a row at the Camp Nou and this season they are on a run of 11 consecutive league wins at the stadium.
- Andrés Iniesta, who made his comeback on Saturday, was the player with the most successful passes (94). Also, he recovered a joint-best eight balls along with Sergio Busquets.
- Sergi Roberto received his fifth yellow card and will be unavailable for Las Palmas. He is also suspended for the Copa del Rey final meaning he will only be able to play in the final Liga game of the season against Eibar. Umtiti and Jordi Alba are both on four yellows leaving them one card short of a suspension.
- Neymar Jr led the way with an impressive seven successful dribbles against Villarreal and he was also the most fouled player (5).
- The blaugranes have five consecutive victories in La Liga (Real Sociedad, Real Madrid, Osasuna, Espanyol and Villarreal). The best run they have been on this season is six wins on the trot and they could go one better if they manage to win the final two fixtures.
- Leo Messi has scored 17 goals against Andrés Fernández making him the Argentinian’s second favourite victim with Diego Alves having conceded 21.
- Copy link