- Copy link
Scoring four goals in one match is not something that happens very often yet Leo Messi has done it again. The Argentine scored all but two of the goals in the blaugranes 6-1 victory over Eibar in the league on Tuesday evening. It was the sixth time that the Barça number has scored four or more in a game, including his five goal performance against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League.
You can see all the goals in our specially prepared video and below we have some details about each momentous occasion that has managed four goals in a match:
- The first time was on the biggest stage of all, the Champions League. 6 April 2010 Messi found the net four times in a single match for the first time in the second leg 4-1 victory in the quarter finals against Arsenal and as such moved into the top 10 goalscorers of all time at the Club.
- Two years later in February 2012 Messi repeated the achievement in a 5-1 over Valencia in the league at Camp Nou the same day that he made his 200th appearance in the league for Barça.
- In the same season Messi did it again, this time in the 4-0 Catalan derby triumph against Espanyol which allowed him to reach 50 goals in the league.
- Against Osasuna, on 27 January 2013, Messi’s four goals allowed him to break the 200 barrier in the league and extend an 11 game scoring streak, a run that ended at 19 games, a record that still stands today.
- Finally against Eibar his quartet of strikes allowed him to reach 300 goals for Barça in official competition at Camp Nou.
- Copy link