- Copy link
The tribute paid by FC Barcelona and Leo Messi to Diego Armando Maradona, coinciding with Barça's 4-0 win over Osasuna, set new records on the Club's social media. One statistic tells the story: in just one day on the Club's official Instagram account there were close to 20 million interactions with content published within a 24 hour timeframe. On Twitter the reach was similar with more than 44 million impressions from the Club's global account, (@fcbarcelona).
Below we take a look at some of the most noteworthy statistics from the main FC Barcelona accounts on different social media:
- 20 milion interactions in just one day on the Club's channel, a record for an official Barça account.
- The photo of Messi's dedication received the third most likes in the history of FC Barcelona's Instagram account.
- 44 million impressions in the global account @fcbarcelona during the day, the second highest of 2020.
- The photo of the celebration, with 180,000 likes, is the second highest in 2020, only behind the announcement of the death of Diego Maradona.
- The photo of the dedication is the publication with 4th most reach of the whole year, reaching more than 12 million people.
It is worth remembering that Barça is the sports club that has generated most interactions on social media for the third season in a row.- In 2019/20 1,376 million likes, comments, shares and retweets were recorded. The club grew 18% with respect to the previous season and they remain leaders in the field ahead of Liverpool (1,291 million), Manchester United (1,129 million), Juventus (826 million) and Real Madrid (765 million) according to data from Blinkfire.
- Copy link