- Copy link
Xavi Hernández, the man with more trophies than anyone in the Club’s history, was unable to hold back the tears on the field at the Vicente Calderón after collecting his eighth league title, an achievement that clearly affected the Barça midfielder as he celebrated this latest trophy as if it were his first. For eleven blaugranes, it was indeed their first success in the league as a Barça player - Bravo, Rakitic, Suárez, Rafinha, Mathieu, Ter Stegen, Douglas, Masip and Vermaelen as well as Sandro and Munir from the B squad.
- Neymar: In his second season with FC Barcelona, Neymar has claimed his second trophy as a Barça player and his first league title. The Brazilian has had an exceptional campaign, scoring 22 goals in 32 games.
- Bravo: The Chilean goalkeeper has played more minutes than anyone else in the squad having played in every league game up until now. Since his arrival from Real Sociedad last summer he has conceded just 19 goals in the league and is on the verge of claiming his first Zamora Trophy.
- Luis Suárez: Despite not making his debut until the ninth game of the league season, the Uruguyan was soon into his stride. With his striker’s instinct, Suárez has scored 16 goals so far in the league this season and his understanding with Messi and Neymar has made the attacking line up one of the most potent in the Club’s history.
- Mathieu: The Frenchman has been one of the key men at the back this season. His prowess in the air has helped the blaugranes not just in defence but also in attack. His goals against Real Madrid and Celta Vigo were vital in keeping the blaugranes in first place in the table.
- Rakitic: Arriving from Sevilla in the summer, the Croatian has given Barça more quality and goals from midfield having scored five times in 32 league appearances. He has got better and better as the season has gone on and has put in excellent performances in big games in the campaign.
- Rafinha: The midfielder returned to the Club after a season on loan at Celta Vigo. He continues to develop and is now a important part of the FC Barcelona squad. He has made 23 appearances this season and he has scored once, against Villarreal at Camp Nou.
- Douglas: The Brazilian midfielder was Barça last signing of the summer. He made his debut against Málaga in Week 5 of the league campaign. Douglas also featured in the first leg of the Spanish Cup tie against Huesca.
- Vermaelen: The Belgian has been unable to make his debut for the Club this season due to injury. The defender only received the medical all clear in April and could finally pull on the Barça shirt in official competition at the weekend against Deportivo La Coruña to celebrate claiming the league title.
- Ter Stegen and Masip: Neither of the two keepers has featured in the league this season for Barça up to now. In contrast the German has played in every Champions League game in the current campaign and every Cup game with the exception of one in which Masip started for the first team.
[[BOTOVERMELL::Barça league champions special++::http://www.fcbarcelona.com/barca-spanish-league-champion-2014-15::HOR::::NO-TRACKING::::::]]
- Copy link