As the year comes to an end, we take a look at the standout stats and facts of the last 12 months
The year is about to come to an end and, as always, it is time to review the highlights of the last 12 months.
The players go into the holiday season having just qualified for the last 16 of the Copa del Rey, three points behind leaders in La Liga and through to the knockout stages of the Champions League. Here is a look back at the most important stats and facts from this year:
- The year 2016 has seen Barça pick up three titles: La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the Spanish Super Cup.
- In total, Barca have played 59 matches, winning 44, drawing eight and losing seven.
- In those 59 matches, Luis Enrique’s men have scored 174 goals and have let in 43 across all competitions, meaning an average of 2.94 goals scored per game.
- Of those goals, the front three have scored 120 of them. Leo Messi is the top scorer with 51, followed by Luis Suárez with 48 and Neymar Jr with 21.
- Those goals have contributed to some goalfests – the biggest one was an 8-0 win at the Riazor, while there was the 7-0 win over Valencia at the Camp Nou in the cup semi-finals and the recent 7-0 win over Hercules in the Copa del Rey last 32 tie.
- Luis Enrique has used 38 players in all competitions since the start of the year.
- Sixteen of those 38 have managed to get on the scoresheet.
- Sergio Busquets was the player who gave the most passes, attempting a total of 3403 of which 3082 were successful.
- Luis Enrique handed debuts to six Barça B players: Marlon, Nili, Carbonell, Borja López, Cardona and Aleñá.