- Copy link
International football is now on the agenda for Barca's players, with a number travelling with their respective national teams to play the UEFA Nations League or friendly matches. Here is our daily roundup of all the news during this international break:
Tuesday 27 September
- Portugal 0-1 Spain: A very late goal took Spain through to the 2023 UEFA Nations League Finals. Ferran Torres started and Sergio, Gavi and Pedri all came off the bench to help seal the win against their geographical neighbours. Jordi Alba was an unused substitute and Eric Garcia was not selected for the squad.
- Brazil 5-1 Tunisia: An emphatic friendly win for the Seleção Canarinho in Paris, with Raphinha starring with two goals and one assist during his 65 minutes on the pitch.
- Ivory Coast 3-1 Guinea: Franck Kessié played the full 90 minutes in his side's friendly win against their fellow West Africans in France.
- Spain U21 3-0 Norway U21: Alejandro Balde came off the bench in the second half as Spain comfortably won this friendly match. Arnau Tenas was an unused substitute.
Monday 26 September
- England 3-3 Germany: Marc-André ter Stegen played all 90 minutes in the exciting draw at Wembley that saw the Germans take a 2-0 only to need a later equaliser from Kai Havertz to take a share of the points.
Sunday 25 September
- Denmark 2-0 France: Andreas Christensen played all 90 minutes in the win for the Danes which sees them finish second behind Croatia in their UEFA Nations League group. Kounde is back in Barcelona due to injury and Ousmane Dembélé was an unused substitute for France.
- Netherlands 1-0 Belgium: Neither Memphis nor Frenkie de Jong were in action in Amsterdam with a Van Dijk goal the difference between the two sides with the Dutch topping their group and qualifying for the final stage of the Nations League.
- Wales 0-1 Poland. Robert Lewandowski played all 90 minutes provided an assist for the only goal of the game for team mates Swiderski in Cardiff.
Saturday 24 September
- Defeat for Spain as they went down to a 2-1 loss against Switzerland with six blaugranes in the starting XI: Eric Garcia, Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Gavi, Pedri and Ferran Torres. Full back Jordi Alba scored for Spain in the loss and played all 90 minutes along with Sergio, Eric and Gavi; Ferran played 63 minutes and Pedri 70 minutes.
- Ivory Coast took a 2-1 win over Togo with Barça midfielder Franck Kessie playing all 90 minutes and scoring from the spot in in the friendly victory.
Friday 23 September
Brazil 3-0 Ghana: Raphinha played 79 minutes of an impressive win for the Brazilians in France.
Germany 0-1 Hungary: Ter Stegen played the full game at the Red Bull Arena in Leipzig, but it was a shock home defeat for his team as Hungary become the unexpected leaders of a group that also includes Italy and England.
- Uruguay 0-1 Iran: The South Americans have lost 1-0 to Iran with Ronald Araujo starting the game but having problems and needing to leave the field after just five minutes
- Arnau Tenas and Alejandro Balde featured in a 4-1 friendly win for Spain U21 in Romania. Tenas played the full 90 minutes, while Balde was only on for the first 45 minutes. Former Barça player Abel Ruiz scored twice, as did Rodrigo Riquelme.
🏁 ¡¡FIIINAAAAL!!— Selección Española de Fútbol (@SEFutbol) September 23, 2022
España se lleva la victoria en Rumanía gracias al gran trabajo y esfuerzo realizado en el terreno de juego.
😊 ¡¡ENHORABUENA, CHICOS!!
🇷🇴 - 🇪🇸 | 1-4 | 94'
📺 https://t.co/FZyN4FGO15#U21EURO pic.twitter.com/ITbg3v1wXM
-- The French federation have confirmed that Jules Kounde is heading home after picking up an injury against Austria. The Barça defender played the first 23 minutes of the game before being unable to continue. Medical tests will determine the extent of the problem.
Thursday 22 September
Here is a rundown of the UEFA Nations League games played today featuring Barca players:
- Croatia 2-1 Denmark. Andreas Christensen played the full 90 minutes, but Croatia won to take top spot in League A Group 1.
- France 2-0 Austria. Jules Kounde and Ousmane Dembélé played 23 and 11 minutes respectively as France moved into 3rd place in League A Group 1.
- Poland 0-2 Netherlands. Lewandowski captained Poland, but the Netherlands ran out winners to need one point to qualify for the Final Four. Memphis and Frenkie de Jong played 52 and 45 minutes respectively.
Wednesday 21 September
- Eric Garcia featured in a press conference at the Ciudad del Fútbol de Las Rozas. "We have two very tough games, Switzerland and Portugal, but we are preparing very well. I am sure we can qualify for the UEFA Nations League final four", explained the FC Barcelona centre-back. Apart from the two games for the Spanish national side, Barca's number 24 also gave his thoughts on Luis Enrique: "He asks me to do very similar things to what I do at Barça. I try to show he was right to have so much faith in me every time I go out onto the pitch".
- Copy link