Barça's new signing is the fifth player to transfer from Sevilla in the past decade
Jules Kounde has signed for FC Barcelona. Let's take our usual look at 10 facts about the new Barça player:
1) Jules Kounde was born in Paris on November 12, 1998, just a few months after France won their first World Cup. He is the only player in the squad born in 1998 at present.
2) His professional debut came with Girondins de Bordeaux on January 7, 2018 in a French Cup game against Granville.
3) Jules Kounde was with Martin Braithwaite at Girondins de Bordeaux during the 2017/18 season.
4) He also shared a dressing room with other players with Barça links, like former players Malcom and Sergi Palencia. He was also a teammate of Sabaly (Betis) and Tchouaméni (Real Madrid).
5) Kounde signed for Sevilla in summer 2019 in a transfer that cost 25 million euro. The Frenchman became the most expensive transfer in the Andalusian club's history at the time.
6) Kounde is the fifth player to sign for Barça from Sevilla in the past decade. The others are Ivan Rakitic, Aleix Vidal, Clément Lenglet, and Luuk de Jong.
7) Prior to the past decade, many players have come from Sevilla, namely Ricardo Serna, Nando, Dani Alves, Adriano Correia or Seydou Keita among others.
8) Other players to play for Barça and Sevilla but who did not arrive directly at Barça from Sevilla are Robert Prosinecki, Javier Saviola, Gerard Deulofeu, Denis Suárez, Sandro Ramírez, and Munir El Haddadi.
9) Kounde is the 26th French footballer to play for Barça. The other recent arrivals were Samuel Umtiti, Ousmane Dembélé, Clément Lenglet, Jean-Clair Todibo, and Antoine Griezmann.
10) He will add to the roll call of French centre backs to play for the Barça first team. Other names on the list include Laurent Blanc, Frédéric Dehu, Philippe Christanval, Lilian Thuram and Samuel Umtiti.