No Notifications to show at the moment. Check back later!
Choose your language
Download the official FC Barcelona App
Leo Messi extends lead as top scorer in La Liga
We take a look at the stats left behind by the Argentine's stellar performance at against Eibar at Camp Nou
Another great performance from Leo Messi as the Argentine found the net four times in the 5-0 win over Eibar. The Barça number 10 extends his lead at the top of the goalscoring charts in La Liga - we take a look at some other stats that spring to mind:
- The Argentine now has 18 goals in La Liga, five more than second placed Karim Benzema of Real Madrid.
- Messi ends a run of four games without a goal by scoring four!
- Messi now has seven goals in 2020 in all competitions.
- Messi has now scored 29 goals against teams coached by Mendilibar, more than any other coach.
- He has scored 20 goals against Eibar and he has scored in his last 11 games against the Basque club.
- It is the second fastest hat-trick coming after just 40 minutes of the game: the quickest? Against Mallorca in 2011 after just 30 minute of the 5-0 win.
- Fourth time Messi has scored a hat trick in the first half: Arsenal (2010), Mallorca (2011), Valencia (2013).
- The last time Messi scored four goals was against Eibar in the 6-1 win in 2017/18.
- It is the seventh time that the number 10 has scored four goals in a game for Barça: Arsenal, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Espanyol, Osasuna and now twice against Eibar.