fcb.portal.reset.password

Neymar Jr will become the third Brazilian to score a ton of goals for Barça | MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

We all know that Neymar Jr has hit on one of his sweetest moments ever at FC Barcelona. Having just beaten his compatriot Ronaldinho’s tally of 94 he’s now one goal shy of his first century for the team, and after missing the game with Deportivo his first chance to that will be against Valencia at the Camp Nou on Sunday at 8.45pm. In doing so, he’ll become the third Brazilian to get 100 goals for Barça after Rivaldo (130) and Evaristo (105).

99 goals, a closer look

Since coming to Barça in the summer of 2013, Neymar Jr has made 175 official appearances, and his goals have included 63 in La Liga and 21 in the Champions League, although the first of all was in the Spanish Super Cup against Atlético Madrid.

HOW DOES HE SCORE THEM?

Five of Neymar’s goals have come from direct free-kicks and 12 from the penalty spot. But whether with his left or right foot, one curious thing to note is that a massive 91 of his goals have been scored from inside the area.

WITH WHO?

Being part of the famous trident has clearly helped the Neymar cause. No fewer than 40 of his goals have come off passes from Leo Messi or Luis Suárez, with twenty assists each.

It’s a three-way thing between the MSN; because of the 55 assists that Neymar himself has provided at Barça, 21 have been for Messi (38%) and 15 for Suárez (27,2%).

AGAINST WHO?

The two teams that most seem to suffer from Neymar’s goalscoring ability are Athletic Club and Villarreal. He’s scored 10 against the former and 8 against the latter. In Europe, it’s Paris Saint-Germain who have been hit the most, seven times in six matches, including two in the famous comeback at the Camp Nou.

The ten biggest goals

Neymar Jr’s goals have helped Barça to win no fewer than nine major titles since he arrived from Santos, including La Liga twice, the Copa del Rey twice and the Champions League. So here’s a look back at ten of his most crucial strikes in his time as a blaugrana:

Re-live the best 10 goals from Neymar in an FC Barcelona shirt
MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

1 / 10

The first of many

22 August 2013. It was gone midnight when Neymar scored the equaliser against Atlético Madrid at the Calderón in a 1-1 draw in the Spanish Super Cup, a trophy that would be secured following a 0-0 draw at Camp Nou.

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

2 / 10

French fancy

21 April 2015. Quarter final of the Champions league and a stunning run by Iniesta was finished off by the Brazilian against Paris Saint Germain. Barça already led 3-1 from the first leg at the Parc des Princes, and this goal as good as finished off the job, although Neymar would still find time to net another before the final whistle. 

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

3 / 10

Bye bye Bayern

6 May 2015. This was Leo Messi’s night, with two incredible goals in the UCL semi-final, but Neymar Jr also chipped in with goal number three to send Barça on their way to Berlin. 

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

4 / 10

Berlin thunder

6 June 2015. In injury time, the N part of the MSN secured Champions League victory against Juventus, the fifth time the club has won the trophy and the completion of a famous treble. In a counter-attack right at the end, Pedro and Neymar teamed up to beat Buffon and spark wild celebrations. 

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

5 / 10

Free at the Calderón

12 September 2015. It was still early in the season, but the win at Atlético Madrid was an important one. Fernando Torres had put the home side ahead, but Neymar equalised before Messi settled things for a 2-1 win. 

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

6 / 10

Poker star

17 October 2015. Neymar Jr has scored 15 braces for FCB, plus two hat-tricks. But in the 5-2 defeat of Rayo Vallecano at the Camp Nou he went even further, netting the first four goals, including two penalties, to achieve what is known locally as a 'poker'.

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

7 / 10

Poetry in motion

8 November 2015. If there is one goal that stands out from the rest, it’s this one from a 3-0 defeat of Villarreal. Suárez provided the assists and the turn-and-volley to beat Jaume Costa looked like something straight out of a video game.  

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

8 / 10

The Real thing

21 November 2015. The whole team excelled in the historic 4-0 conquest of Real Madrid at the Bernabéu, and one of the many highlights came when Neymar collected a through ball from Iniesta to slip the ball through the legs of Keylor Navas

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

9 / 10

Copa that!

21 May 2016. Barça retained the Copa del Rey by beating Sevilla at the Calderón, despite playing almost the whole game with ten men. Jordi Alba had finally broken the deadlock after 96 minutes and the result was settled when Neymar converted in the final move of the match. 

MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

10 / 10

“1% chance, 99% faith”

8 March 2017. Neymar Jr was outstanding on one of Barça’s most dramatic nights of all time. In the amazing late comeback against PSG, he scored a spectacular free-kick, converted a penalty and then laid on the assist for Sergi Roberto to complete seven of the most extraordinary minutes in sporting history.


Back to top