- Copy link
There was just one team left in La Liga that Leo Messi had not manage to score against, so the Argentine made sure to put the record straight against Las Palmas on Saturday.
Messi’s strike in the 5-0 win means he has now netted against each of the 35 sides he has taken on in the league.
There were plenty of other noteworthy displays too in what was a great day’s work from the first team, including Aleix Vidal, André Gomes and Arda Turan. Here are the facts and figures that stood out:
- Aleix Vidal scored his first ever official goal for FC Barcelona after 20 matches. The full-back stormed forward and converted Paco Alcácer’s cross to make it 5-0.
- Vidal also participated in the most plays, a total of 55 in an impressive display.
- Arda Turan also had a day to remember, netting the fourth of the day, which was the 500th strike in this La Liga campaign. The Turk now has seven goals in six games and a total of 12 in all competitions.
- Messi and Suárez are joint leaders at the top of the league’s scoring charts with 14 each after sharing the first three goals of the match. The Uruguayan netted the opener, as well as the third just after Messi had made it 2-0.
- Barça’s five goals were scored with ten efforts on target, showing the team’s fine efficiency.
- Luis Enrique’s men are now eleven games unbeaten in the league. The last defeat came in October at Celta Vigo (4-3). Since then, Barça have won seven and drawn four.
- Copy link