- Copy link
Sunday’s 4-1 win at Granada for FC Barcelona made it 11 wins from 12 matches against the Andalusian club since their return to the top flight in 2011. In the last three seasons with Luis Enrique, Barça have won on three successive occasions in the Nuevo Los Cármenes stadium.
This stat is the most significant but not the only one that the duel between Granada and FC Barcelona has left us. Let’s take a look at some more:
- Neymar made it to 100 goals in a Barça shirt, making him the fourth youngest player to realise such a feat behind Leo Messi (22), Mariano Martín and Evaristo (both 24). The Brazilian is the 18th player to reach a century of goals with Barça and he is the fifth quickest, needing just 177 matches.
- Paco Alcácer scored his fourth goal in 18 official appearances for Barça, adding to his effort against Hércules in the Copa del Rey and Athletic and Sporting in the league.
- Luis Suárez is the first FC Barcelona player to reach double figures for goals and assists this season in the league: at the moment the Uruguayan has 22 goals and 10 assists, equalling the influence of his team mate Leo Messi who has 25 goals and seven assists.
- The Barça number 9 has scored every time he has played at the Nuevo Los Cármenes: two seasons ago his strike helped the blaugranes to a 3-1 win; in 2015/16, his hat-trick handed Luis Enrique’s team a 3-0 win and a 24th league title and this season he scored the opener in the 4-1 victory.
- Carles Aleñá’s dream came true as he made his debut for the first team in the league, following on from his appearance in the Copa del Rey last December against Alicante. The midfielder has represented Barça in every single age category.
- Jordi Alba and Sergio Buquets were the Barça players who completed most passes, 70 each from the 494 that were made. Neymar also impressed with his passing stats; his 55 passes helped to create six goalscoring opportunities and he was the player who was fouled most with four.
- This is the second victory for FC Barcelona after an international break: the first came in the 4-0 win over Deportivo. Against Málaga and Alavés, Barça picked up just one point from a possible six.
- The four goals scored at Granada consolidate Barça’s position as top scorers in La Liga with 85 goals. Luis Enrique’s team are also the third best defensively having conceded just 26: only Atlético Madrid and Villarreal, with 23 each, have let in fewer.
- Copy link