- Copy link
On Wednesday at 7.30pm at Camp Nou, Leo Messi will come up against one of his favourites victims, Jorge Sampaoli’s Sevilla side. The Argentine striker has scored 21 goals in the league against the Andalusians, the same total as against another of his favourite opponents, Atlético Madrid. The Barça number 10 has been particularly prolific in recent meetings at home in La Liga against Sevilla. We take a look at the last four encounters at Camp Nou which have produced no less than six goals from the world’s best player:
- 23/2/2013 - Week 25 - FC Barcelona 2 Sevilla 1
- Former Barça man Botía puts Sevilla ahead in the first half only for David Villa to equalise after the break and Messi then to grab the winner.
- 14/9/2013 – Week 4 - FC - Barcelona 3 Sevilla 2
- Leo Messi’s 74th minute strike makes it 2-1 to the blaugranes in a game that was decided in Barça’s favour right at the death.
- 22/11/2014 – Week 12 - FC Barcelona 5 Sevilla 1
- Messi and Barça’s best performance against the visitors in recent years came in November 2014 in Luis Enrique’s first season in charge. The Argentine helped himself to hat-trick against Unai Emery’s side, scoring once in the first half and twice in the second, moving past Telmo Zarra’s league record of 251 goals in the process.
- 28/2/2016 – Week 26 - FC Barcelona 2 Sevilla 1
- Last season the Barça number 10 came up with the equaliser after Vitolo had given the visitors the lead. Gerard Piqué second half strike gave Barça all three points on their way to their second consecutive league title.
Catch all of Leo’s goals from these matches in our video above!
- Copy link