The teenage sensation continues to maintain the highest of standard and if post-Covid-19 football has changed, Ansu Fati's habit of scoring important goals has not. Against Leganés on Tuesday at Camp Nou his contribution was vital, not just because of this opening goal but also his all round play.
In the current 2019/20 season, the Barça number 31 has scored six goals in 24 appearance for the first team. Those goals taken on an even greater significance if you consider the circumstances of each one.
- Osasuna 2 Barça 2: Ansu Fati's goal in El Sadar to make it 1-1 made him the youngest player in Barça history to score in La Liga.
- Barça 5 Valencia 2: Less than two minutes into the game the teenager from Guinea Bissau found the net to make him the youngest ever goalscorer at Camp Nou. It did not end there as his assist for Barça's second goal allowed him to become the youngest player ever in La Liga history to score and create an assist in the same game.
- Inter 1 Barça 2: A goal from the boy from La Masia hands Barça victory in the 66th minute. At 17 years and 40 days he becomes the youngest ever goalscorer in the Champions League.
- Barça 2 Levante 1: A brace from the striker hands Quique Setién's team all three points as he picks up another record: youngest ever player in La Liga to score twice in the same game.
- Barça 2 Leganés 0: Ansu Fati's most recent goal hands Barça the lead in their first game at Camp Nou in over three months following the break enforced by the coronavirus pandemic.
So far this season only Messi (26), Griezmann (14), Suárez (14) and Arturo Vidal (7) have scored more goals than Ansu Fati and with 9 games left in the league and Barça still in Europe, there may well be more to come from the African teenager before the campaign is out.