- Copy link
All 15 FC Barcelona players who are taking part in this summer’s World Cup have advanced *ALL TIMES CET
Sandra Paños, Marta Torrejón, Andrea Pereira, María León, Leila Ouahabi, Patri Guijarro, Vicky Losada, Aitana Bonmatí, Alexia Putellas and Mariona Caldentey with Spain; Lieke Martens and Stefanie van der Gragt with Holland; Andressa Alves with Brazil; Toni Duggan with England; and Asisat Oshoala with Nigeria.
Here’s a closer look at how they have fared.
- Sandra Paños: The azulgrana goalkeeper has played all three games up to now - 270 minutes - with excellent performances.
- María León: The defender has played every minute in the World Cup, becoming one of the defensive leaders.
- Marta Torrejón: She has played 180 minutes so far in the first two matches against South Africa and Germany.
- Andrea Pereira: Has yet to play.
- Leila Ouahabi: Started and played all 90 minutes against China, the last match in the group stage.
- Patri Guijarro: The Ballon d’Or and Golden Shoe winner at the last U-20 World Cup made her first appearance in this World Cup against Germany, playing 24 minutes, plus 90 more against China, where she was incisive in front of the net.
- Vicky Losada: Started against South Africa, but was subbed out at halftime.
- Aitana Bonmatí: She replaced Losada at the half against South Africa and also saw time against Germany, coming on in minute 77.
- Alexia Putellas: Has appeared in all three games, for 190 minutes on attack and in the midfield.
- Mariona: 90 minutes in the opener, 59 against Germany and 45 against China.
Next match: United States, June 24 at 6.00pm
- Lieke Martens: MVP against New Zealand; 250 minutes played.
- Stefanie van der Gragt: The Barça defender played 90 minutes in Holland’s opener against New Zealand
Next match: Japan, June 25 at 9.00pm
- Andressa Alves: Two assists against Jamaica, 90 minutes against Australia. An injury prevented her from playing the last game of the group stage.
Next match: France, June 23 at 9.00pm
- Toni Duggan: 81 minutes against Japan in the last group stage match as England have remained unbeaten and won Group D.
Next match: Cameroon, June 23 at 5.30pm
- Asisat Oshoala: Three games played, 257 minutes, a goal versus South Korea, and MVP of that match.
Next match: Germany, June 22 at 5.30pm
- Copy link