Top plays bottom in a fascinating La Liga game, and one in which Barça can consolidate their lead at the top of the table
Both teams need the points in this game, but for very different reasons. With a win, Barça would then need just seven more points to secure the League title, whilst Huesca, six points from safety, can give themselves a fighting chance of staying up.
How to follow the game live
The game kicks off at 4.15pm CET. A list of the broadcasters can be found here and these are the timetables for the rest of the world.
Top Scorer: Ezequiel Ávila (8) Coach: Francisco La Liga record (2018/19): P31 W5 D9 L17
#20 Huesa - D D L L L W #1 Barça - W W D W W W
- Huesca have conceded at least twice in their last five matches
- Barça have scored at least four in their last three games against Huesca in all competitions
- Huesca have scored at least twice in their last three League games
- Huesca play in blaugrana because the club’s founding members were FC Barcelona supporters
- The first recorded match between the two sides was a 2-2 draw in 1926
Ter Stegen, N. Semedo, Todibo, Coutinho, Arthur, O. Dembélé, Cillessen, Malcom, Lenglet, Murillo, Jordi Alba, Boateng, Aleñá, Vidal, Umtiti, Riqui Puig, Abel Ruiz and Wague.
Piqué and Suárez are suspended, Sergio and Messi are left out and S. Roberto, Rafinha and Vermaelen are injured. Rakitic has a fever and won't play.
Francisco was in confident mood ahead of the game saying that “it’s the best time to play Barça, but they always have the obligation to win. The absence of injuries makes us more competitive.”
“There will be changes, the schedule is packed and we can’t forget we need 10 points to become champions,” Ernesto Valverde told reporters at his pre-match press conference. “The reason for the changes is to keep everyone competitive. Anyone could be rotated. It’s a dangerous game, we have to be vigilant. Every match is important.”