Here are some of the most interesting facts and figures from Sunday’s 4-1 win over Atletico Madrid:
- With his two second half goals, Leo Messi made it 90 for the calendar year 2012 – and there’s still one game to go this year to improve on his astounding record.
- With three games left to play before the mid-point of the season, Messi has already scored 25 league goals this campaign – a figure no other player has ever recorded.
- Messi also scored his 14th brace of the season - his sixth on the run.
- Adriano,who scored a great goal on 35 minutes, has now bagged six so far this season – five of them in the league.
- Sergio Busquets’ goal means 15 different Barça players have scored this season, with 13 different scorers in the league games.
- Gerard Piqué celebrated his 200th appearance in a Barça shirt.
- Barça have now scored 172 goals in 2012, beating their record of 170 scored in 2011.
- It was the sixth time this season that Tito Vilanova’s team have come back from behind to win a game to demonstrate once again their fighting spirit.
- Barça enjoyed 74% of possession – a dominance that resulted in 11 shots – 6 on target, whilst the visitors managed eight – one on target and one against the woodwork.
- The last time Barça beat Atletico 4-1 was in the 1968/69 season.