- Copy link
Barça and Milan will face off at the Camp Nou in the return leg of the Champions League round of 16 this evening. Here’s a selection of the best facts and stats surrounding the match:
- In last season’s tie, Barça defeated AC Milan in the quarter-finals of the Champions League (0-0 and 3-1). Barça also defeated AC Milan in the semi-finals of the competition in the 2005/06 season (0-1 and 0-0).
- If Tito Vilanova’s men eliminate Milan, it would be Barça’s sixth consecutive quarter-final berth in the Champions League.
- Of the 14 times Barça and Milan have faced off at the Camp Nou, the Blaugrana have won six, tied four and lost four.
- Barça have played 10 matches against Italian teams at the Camp Nou, of those the Catalans have won 5 and only lost 2.
- It will be Bojan Krkic’s first match at the Camp Nou since he left for Roma last season. This year, however, he’ll don the Rossonero colours.
- The Milan manager, Massimiliano Allegri, has faced FC Barcelona on five occasions. He’s won once, tied two and lost two. He’s never lost to Barça by a result that would qualify the Blaugrana for the next round.
- Of the 63 goals that Milan have scored this season, 44 were scored after the halftime break.
- Pazzini, who has scored 9 goals in his last 11 appearances for Milan, will miss this evening’s match due to injury.
- AC Milan have yet to taste defeat in the league in 2013. They are third in Serie A, just 2 points adrift of Napoli and 11 from the leaders, Juventus.
- Four FC Barcelona are one booking away from earning a one-match suspension. They are Adriano, Song, Mascherano and Pedro.
- Milan also have four players under threat of suspension: Mexes, Bonera, Flamini and Montolivo.
- This will be the Viktor Kassai second match refereeing Barça. The fist was in the final of the Champions League in the 2010/11 season, when Guardiola’s men defeated Manchester United by 3 to 1. Kassai also refereed Milan on one previous occasion, when the Italians defeated Arsenla by 4 to 0 in the 2011/12 season.
[[BOTOVERMELL::FCB v MILAN++SPECIAL CONTENT::http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/champions-league-ucl::HOR::NF::NO-TRACKING::::::]]
- Copy link