The goalkeeper was one of the stars of the show against PSG, especially in the first half
Víctor Valdés was outstanding for Barça against PSG. It was largely thanks to the keeper that Barça avoided conceding any goals in the first half, and in total he made seven saves, while Sirigu made just one at the other end. The home side shot 23 times and the visitors 16, but it was PSG who hit the target far more often. Here we look at some other interesting stats to have been produced in last night’s quarter final:
- PSG managed to contest Barça’s possession game, limiting the Catalans to 63%. Against Milan at the Camp Nou, FCB had 68%.
- Barça completed 585 passes and PSG made 395.
- Xavi Hernández equalled Ryan Giggs (Manchester United) as the player with the fifth most appearances in European competitions.
- Gerard Piqué played his 50th Champions League match.
- Pedro had not scored in the latter rounds of the Champions league since scoring in the Wembley final of 2010/11.
- Jordi Alba recovered the most balls of the match (13).
- The most dangerous player in terms of producing attacking plays was Andrés Iniesta, with 11 dribbling attempts, followed by Dani Alves (7) and Lucas Moura (6).