Facts and figures from this Sundays’ game against Zaragoza
- Barça fielded their 11th different central defensive partnership of the season, as Bartra and Adriano made their debut at the heart of defence. The pairing used most often this season? Piqué and Mascherano.
- Adriano has now played alongside five different partners in central defence this season: Sergio Busquets, Mascherano, Puyol, Piqué and Bartra.
- For the first time this season, Barça have recorded two successive clean sheets, following last week’s 5.0 thrashing of Mallorca.
- It was the team’s first clean sheet on the road since the 0-4 win over Llevant on November 25th 2012.
- Xavi started his first league game since the game against Valencia on February 3rd. The Catalan midfielder had started his last eight league matches on the bench.
- Tello, Song, Montoya, Bartra, Thiago, Alexis, Cesc and Alves are the eight players who have started each of the last three league games,.
- Tello has now scored eight goals this season –seven in the league – and is the side’s fourth highest scorer
- It was the first time Tello had scored a brace for the first team this season, after scoring twice last year against both Bayer Leverkusen and Hospitalet.
- After opening his account at La Rosaleda, Sunday’s was Thiago’s second strike of the league campaign and his third in all this season after also scoring against Cordoba in the Cup.
- Sergi Roberto played his first few minutes of this season’s league campaign, after playing 90 minutes in Pamplona last season and 90 the year before in Málaga.
- Alexis has now made 10 assists this season, five in the league. Only Iniesta (18) and Messi (15) have made more, with Cesc also on 10.
- Barça again dominated the ball, with 65% of possession.