The 2-2 in Bilbao leaves Barça just five points away from winning the title. Here’s an overview of the most interesting stats and facts from last night’s match:
• Every player named to the starting XI in Munich got some playing time in Bilbao, with the exception of Marc Bartra, who watched the game from the bench.
• Barça had 15 attempts on goal (6 on target) to Athletic Club’s 7 (3 on target).
• The player who recovered possession the most was Jordi Alba. The defender, who will not play against Bayern due to suspension, won back the ball 15 times.
• Cesc was named to the starting team for the seventh time in a row in the league. The last time he started on the bench was at the Bernabéu. The midfielder picked up his fifth yellow card of the season on Saturday, so he will not be available for selection against Betis next week.
• Counting all competitions, the player named to the starting team the most recently is Dani Alves (8). The Brazilian has started for Barça 24 times out of the team’s last 27 games.
• On Saturday Messi scored Barça’s 100th goal in La Liga this season in addition to setting new personal records.
• With the two goals against Bilbao, FC Barcelona are just one goal away from equalling the record for goals scored away from home (49). The Blaugrana will have their chance to break the record when they travel to the Calderón and Cornellà-El Prat.