FC Barcelona beat Atlético Madrid at the Vicente Calderón by 1-2 for the third year in a row. This is also the third time in Club history that the Blaugrana have defeated the Madrid-based side three or more consecutive times in Atlético’s stadium. The first string of three or more victories occurred from 1965 through 1969 (the four matches ended in 0-1 for Barça) and the second was from 1986 through 1989. Here’s an overview of the most interesting stats and facts from yesterday’s match:
- Yesterday’s was Barça’s 13th victory away from home this season, meaning the Blaugrana are just one victory away from equalling the all-time league record for games won away from home. Barça last match away from the Camp Nou this season is against Espanyol.
- This is the first time in Club history that Barça have scored 50 goals away from the Camp Nou. The first team players are now just one goal away from the all-time record.
- Atlético Madrid had only conceded 10 goals and they had only lost 2 matches at the Calderón this season before yesterday’s match against FC Barcelona.
- In terms of possession, it was fairly equal: 53% to 67%. The same goes for completed passes: 407 to 594.
- The most active player was Jordi Alba, with 96 completed passes from 104 attempts.
- The left back completed his 100th match in La Liga: 74 with Valencia and 26 with Barça.
- Gerard Piqué was the player who recovered possession the most (12).
- 6 of Barça’s 11 fouls were committed by CescFàbregas.