Barça’s first win of the 2013/14 season threw up a number of interesting facts and figures:
- The game was the first game this season in which the team had worn the new first team kit
- Alexis Sánchez scored the team’s first goal of the season - scoring after just four minutes.
- Barça again showed their attacking power – with 12 attempts on goal – seven of which ended in the back of the net.
- Leo Messi’s goal leaves him 23 behind Paulino Alcántara on 336 – Alcàntara bagged 369 between 1912 and 1927.
- Alexis, with three and Messi with two had most assists in the game.
- Dongou and Román both scored their first goals for the first team – the Cameroon striker scored the fifth and sixth goals, whilst the Catalan got the seventh.
- Youth team player Sergi Samper made his first team debut when he substituted Song at half time.
- Barça’s last 0-7 win was on April 29th 2012 against Rayo, when Messi (2), Alexis, Keita, Pedro (2) and Thiago got the goals.