Barça showed their superiority over the Thai national team in Bangkok, winning 7-1 in the first of their two games in Southeast Asia. Here were look back at some of the trivia produced by the game:
- Neymar scored his first goal for Barça. The Brazilian opened the night’s scoring in the 11th minute following a combination between Messi and Cesc. The new striker had taken just 71 minutes in three games to find the target for the first time.
- Leo Messi, with his two goals, is now the outright top scorer in the 2013/14 preseason with five goals in four games.
- The hat-trick by Pedro Rodríguez was the Canary Islander’s first in the Barcelona first team. He had scored three in a game for Spain, but never for Barça. It was also the team’s first hat-trick of this preseason.
- Barça were hugely effective in the goalscoring department, converting seven of their eight goal attempts. They also controlled 68% of the possession and recovered 73 balls. Yet more proof of how the team likes to pressure in the attacking zone.
- Cameroonian defender Frank Bagnack started his first game for the first team. The Barça B defender has played in all three games so far under Martino, but this was the first time he was picked for the starting eleven.
- Following the 7-1 win in Bangkok, Barça have won three, drawn one and lost one of their 2013/14 preseason fixtures, scoring 24 goals and conceding just five.
- Since Gerardo Martino has been sat on the Barça bench, the Argentinian has seen his team win two out of two, scoring fifteen goals and conceding just one.