The game in Thailand produced several curiosities, including Pedro's first hat-trick for the first team Barça were extraordinarily effective, they shot eightimes and scored from seven of those attempts
Barça showed their superiority over the Thai national team in Bangkok, winning 7-1 in the first of their two games in Southeast Asia. Here were look back at some of the trivia produced by the game:
- Neymar scored his first goal for Barça. The Brazilian opened the night’s scoring in the 11th minute following a combination between Messi and Cesc. The new striker had taken just 71 minutes in three games to find the target for the first time.
- Leo Messi, with his two goals, is now the outright top scorer in the 2013/14 preseason with five goals in four games.
- The hat-trick by Pedro Rodríguez was the Canary Islander’s first in the Barcelona first team. He had scored three in a game for Spain, but never for Barça. It was also the team’s first hat-trick of this preseason.
- Barça were hugely effective in the goalscoring department, converting seven of their eight goal attempts. They also controlled 68% of the possession and recovered 73 balls. Yet more proof of how the team likes to pressure in the attacking zone.
- Cameroonian defender Frank Bagnack started his first game for the first team. The Barça B defender has played in all three games so far under Martino, but this was the first time he was picked for the starting eleven.
- Following the 7-1 win in Bangkok, Barça have won three, drawn one and lost one of their 2013/14 preseason fixtures, scoring 24 goals and conceding just five.
- Since Gerardo Martino has been sat on the Barça bench, the Argentinian has seen his team win two out of two, scoring fifteen goals and conceding just one.