Here we look back at some of the trivia surrounding Barça’s win at Rayo Vallecano on Saturday night:
- The last five times that Barça have won their five opening matches, in 1985, 1991, 1998, 2010 and 2013, they have gone on to lift the Liga trophy
- Montoya started his first official match of the season at Vallecas. The only players that have yet to play this season are Puyol, Pinto, Cuenca, Afellay and Oier.
- Martino has continued rotating, and started with a brand new eleven on Saturday: Valdés, Montoya, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Song, Xavi, Cesc, Pedro, Messi and Neymar.
- Messi has played his 250th league game for Barça. He also equalled Guardiola as the player with the 13th most official appearances for the club (386).
- He is the youngest foreigner to make it to 250 first division games, ahead of Alves and Eto’o.
- Cesc became the 9th different player to score for FCB this season.
- Cesc leads the team in league assists, after making his fifth last night.
- Neymar has made four assists in four games, against Valencia, Sevilla, Ajax and Rayo, and has five in total.
- Víctor Valdés has made 11 penalty saves in his career at Barça, ten in La Liga and one in Europe. The latest two have both been made this week.
- The Barça keeper has now saved as many penalties in la Liga as Diego Alves, Casillas and Leo Franco (10). The only active player to have made more is Palop, with 12.
- Valdés has already saved spot kicks against Ajax and Rayo this season, and needs just one more to equal his record in 2006/07, when he saved penalties against Deportivo, Racing Santander and Sevilla.
- Barça have scored at least four goals on their last three visits to Vallecas (0-7, 0-5 and 0-4). The only team to have achieved anything similar is Athletic Bilbao, on three trips to Osasuna from 1959 to 1962.