- Copy link
Leo Messi was one of the standout players in yesterday’s match against Getafe, but the game left us with more stats and facts in addition to the Argentinian’s return to competitive play:
- Barça’s 4-0 thrashing of Getafe was the team’s fourth match won by a 4-0 margin. Before last night, FC Barcelona had defeated Ajax (Champions League), Granada and Elche (Liga) by 4-0. In fact, Barça’s first two matches in 2014 ended with the same scoreline.
- Pinto earned a clean sheet. Barça have not conceded in 13 matches this season.
- Three Barça players recovered possession ten times against Getafe: Busquets, Adriano and Sergi Roberto.
- Sergio Busquets was the player who completed the most passes last night (113).
- Cesc Fàbregas once again secured a brace against Getafe. In the league match against the Madrid-based team, he scored Barça’s final two goals, last night he scored the opening two goals.
- Of Cesc’s 40 goals for FC Barcelona, 10 of them gave his team the lead.
- With these two goals the Catalan is the team’s highest scorer in the Cup, along with Pedro Rodríguez (3).
- Leo Messi, on the the other, reclaims his spot as the team’s highest scorer; he’s netted 16 goals in 17 matches.
- Pedro, who sent the ball to the woodwork and earned a penalty, broke his three-match scoring streak.
- Martín Montoya has been a starter in nine of the team’s last eleven matches.
- Copy link