- Copy link
Barça re-affirmed their leadership in La Liga with the win over Malaga - a game that threw up a number of interesting facts and figures:
- Pedro and Alexis continue to lead the team’s goal scorers in the league. The goals they scored against Malaga took them to 12 each, with Messi behind them on 8.
- Alexis is enjoying his best league campaign and has already equalled the 12 goals he scored in 2011/12, when he scored a total of 15 in all competitions, whereas he has yet to get a goal in any competition other than the league this season.
- Gerard Piqué scored for the second time in two games, something je last did in weeks 4 and 5of the 2008/10 season.
- Piqué was also the only Barça player to see a yellow card in the game – his second of the season.
- Piqué and Mascherano were the two players who won most possession back(12).
- Xavi Hernández made most passes – 103 – with 95 of them successful.
- This was the fourth season on the run that Barça have beaten Malaga by three clear goals, following the 4-1 wins recorded in the last three seasons.
- Víctor Valdés’ clean sheet means that he’s not conceded at all in the two games against Malaga, following the 0-1 win in Andalucía earlier this season.
- Copy link