- Copy link
The defeat against Valencia put an end to the run of 25 consecutive Barça wins in La Liga at the Camp Nou. Here we review the other stats from Saturday's defeat:
- The 2-3 scoreline against Valencia was the same as the one in Mestalla, but on that occasion Barça were the winners.
- It's the first time that Barça have let in three goals in a match this season. Up to now, Valencia, Sevilla, and Getafe had scored two.
- The three Valencia goals came from only four shots on target. Maximum efficiency from the away team. On the other hand, Barça had five shots on target, and could only score two goals.
- The difference between the teams is even greater in terms of total shots. Barça had twenty shots and Valencia only eight.
- The same can be said in terms of accurate passes. Barça made 632, compared to Valencia's 311.
- Jordi Alba was the first Barça player to be sent off this season. The last time was the Madrid v Barça match last season, when the keeper was shown a red card after the final whistle.
- Alexis Sánchez scored again and has now scored four goals in his last three matches. Over the season he's now scored 15 goals, equalling his record from the 2011-2012 season.
- Of his 41 goals in a Barça shirt, 16 have put Barça ahead in a match.
- Leo Messi had not scored one goal in a game since Barça v Milan in November, but he has scored twice in three matches in that time.
- Javier Mascherano (for accumulation of yellow cards) and Jordi Alba (red card) will be suspended for the away match at Sevilla.
- Copy link