- Copy link
After the disappointment in Valladolid, Barça bounced back in style with their 2-1 win over City on Wednesday night. Below we look at some of the facts and figures the game threw up:
- Xavi (88), Iniesta (76) and Busquets (66) completed the most successful passes
- Piqué won back most possession with 12 interventions.
- Messi and Alves were again the Barça scorers – just as they had been at the Etihad a fortnight earlier.
- Dani Alves has scored four goal so far this season to take his total with the Club to 20. His best season so far was the 2008/09 campaign when he scored five times.
- Leo Messi has scored in eight of the team’s last nine games.
- The Argentinean has started the last 10 games, Busquets the last seven.
- Cesc picked up his fourth yellow card of the competition and is now just one off suspension.
- Manuel Pellegrini has failed to beat Barça in his last 14 games against the Catalans, with 12 defeats and two draws to his name.
- FC Barcelona have matched Manchester United (1997-03) and Real Madrid (1998-04) in reaching the Champions League quarter finals for seven successive seasons.
- On each of the four occasion Barça have come into a game on the back of a league defeat this season, they have won beating Cartagena (1-4) after losing to Athletic Club (1-0), Real Sociedad (2-0) after the defeat to Valencia (2-3), Almeria (4-1) following the game against Real Sociedad (3-1)and City (2-1) four days after losing in Valladolid (1-0).
- The quarter final draw will be held on Friday March 21
- Copy link