- Copy link
Everything is ready to go at the Gamper Festival 2014, with plenty going on for all members of the family at the Camp Nou. The grounds will be open to the general public in what is always a wonderful moment of bonding between the club and its supporters.
Due to the hosting at the same time of the XXXVII World Meeting of Supporters Clubs, the build-up to Monday’s 49th Joan Gamper Trophy will take place all weekend. On August 16, 17 and 18 there will be all kinds of activities, workshops and shows in and around the Auditori 1899. On the day of the match, August 18, the whole forecourt of the Camp Nou will be a hive of activity, with all of the entrances to the grounds open from 10.00 am.
Here’s a summary of the main activities you can enjoy:
Auditori 1899 (from August 16 to 18)
- Coca-cola Futbol: Miniature football pitch where boys and girls can play.
- Tattoo workshop: Get the club crest tattooed on any part of your body.
- Sumo football: Four sumo wrestlers inside a giant ball with a protective helmet try to push their opponents into the goal.
- Fussball: Shaded area where you can take on family and friends.
- Jumping: Get as high as you can while safely strapped to elastic beds.
- Shows and concerts: Comedian Pep Plaza and ‘Havanera’ singers Mar i Vent will be onstage on the 17th. On Monday 18 there’s the Estrella Damm series of concerts, with Band The Marxa (15.15 and 16.45), la Senyoreta Descalça (15.45 and 17.15) and Oques Grasses (16.15 and 18.00).
Camp Nou Forecourt (August 18)
- Fresh football: An inflatable football pitch covered in 30 cm deep water for teams of 3 to 5 players to enjoy a peculiar kind of football.
- Flytrap: Going up in these inflatables is like being a fly trapped in a spider’s web.
- Inflatable goalie: Inflatable goalposts over a mattress where you can practice your goalkeeping skills in complete safety.
- Futbol-tennis: A great game to play with your friends.
- Zorball: Children get inside a giant inflatable ball and spin it around as they try to score.
Remember that from 18.30, the gates to the stadium itself will be open to those with tickets. At 19.30, Luis Enrique’s first team will be introduced to the crowd, the first time they will have appeared at the Camp Nou this new season.
- Copy link