- Copy link
Following last night’s 0-0 draw in Malaga, Barça are still top of the Liga table but only by virtue of their superior goal difference over Sevilla, who also have 13 points from their first five games. Valencia could join them if they beat Cordoba this evening, and would go top if they do so by three or more goals.
Here we take a look at some of the most interesting stats related with last night’s draw at La Rosaleda.
- FC Barcelona have now managed to survive five Liga fixtures without conceding a single goal. Claudio Bravo has kept goal in each of those games. The only Champions League game so far, in which Ter Stegan wore the goalkeeper’s jersey, was also a shutout for Barça.
- Bravo has now lasted for a remarkable 450 minutes without letting in a single goal, the second longest unbeaten start to a season in Barça history. He’ll need to survive for one game and twenty minutes more in order to beat Pedro María Artola’s 560 minute streak in 1977/78.
- Jordi Alba and Ivan Rakitic were two of the most active players at La Rosaleda. The full-back and midfielder made 96 and 81 passes and 9 and 8 crosses into the area respectively.
- Jordi Alba was playing his 75th official match for the first team. If he plays against Granada on Saturday, it’ll be his 50th Liga appearance for Barça.
- Douglas made his debut against Malaga. He made 67 passes (56 of which found their target) and won seven balls during his 73 minutes on pitch.
- Leo Messi is still the only player who has played all 540 minutes of the season. Bravo, Alba and Rakitic have all missed one game each, and are therefore on 450 minutes.
- Piqué and Douglas both received their first yellow cards of the season last night.
- Copy link