The 1-0 win at Mestalla on Sunday night produced plenty of curiosities, and he’s our round-up of the best:
- Sergio Busquets became the eleventh different goalscorer for FC Barcelona this season.
- The last time he scored was on February 5 earlier this year in the cup semi-final with Real Sociedad. Last night’s was his 12th goal for the first team.
- The last player to secure three points for Barça in injury time was Alexis Sánchez in the 3-2 win over Sevilla in September 2013.
- Claudio Bravo kept a clean sheet last night after four games conceding at least one, a run that started at the Bernabéu.
- It was the first time this season that four Barça players were yellow-carded in the same game. The three received against Real Madrid and Ajax was the highest tally until now – curiously, all three were away games.
- Four of the nine tackles made by Barça last night were punished with bookings.
- The home side made 240 passes, while Barça made more than twice that amount, 650.
- Gerard Piqué won the most balls against Valencia (12).
- Ten of Barça’s 43 goals this season have come in the last quarter of an hour.
- FC Barcelona have now played away to three of the four top flight teams from the Valencian Community this season, winning each time without conceding a goal. Before the win at Mestalla, they also won 1-0 at Villarreal and 5-0 at Levante. The other first division side from the region is Elche, who Barça visit in January.
- Barça put an end to Valencia’s unbeaten home record in this season’s Liga (4 wins and 4 draws.
- Barça have yet to concede a goal when wearing the crimson shirt. They have two wins (5-0 at Levante and 1-0 at Valencia) and one draw (0-0 at Malaga).