- Copy link
Barça face their first ever visit to Ipurua to take on Eibar this Saturday at 6.00pm CET. The Basque club are currently enjoying their first ever season in the Spanish top flight after two consecutive promotion campaigns that have seen them rise up from the Second Division B to the First Division in just two years. Under coach Gaizka Garitano they are currently out of the relegation zone with 12 games of the season remaining.
Below we take a look at some of the key facts about Barça’s next rivals in the league.
- Eibar are in 14th place in the table at the moment with 27 points, just two points above the drop zone - Garitano’s team have won seven matches, drawn six and lost 13, scoring 26 goals and conceding 36.
- The blaugranes will visit Ipurua for the very first time in their history. At home, Eibar have won three times, drawn three times and lost six. Even though their stadium holds just over 5,000 spectators, it has become a difficult place to go to for First Division teams.
- After an excellent start to the league campaign, the team from Gipuzkoa in the Basque Country finds themselves in the midst of their worst run of the season. They have lost their last seven league games in the league during which time they have only found the net twice.
- The team have scored 26 league goals in 26 matches. The Italian striker Piovaccari and Arruabarrena are top scorers at the moment with five each, followed by Manu del Moral and Saúl Berjón on three.
- Berjón is one of two former Barça players currently at Eibar. The Asturian played for the B team in the season 2010/11 in which he played 26 games and scored three goals. Their other former blaugrana is Dani Nieto who left the club last summer after scoring six goals in 34 games for Barça B.
- Copy link