- Copy link
Today in Beijing, FC Barcelona and smartphone manufacturer OPPO made official the sponsorship agreement that they signed last May 31. The agreement is the largest investment ever made by a Chinese company for sponsorship of a European football club.
At a press conference held in the Hotel Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing, the Club’s official sponsor unveiled the FC Barcelona Edition of the R7 Plus, which has been created to celebrate the three-year deal with the football club.
Manel Arroyo, vice-president and head of the Marketing and Communications Area, attended the event in representation of FC Barcelona, along with the Club’s Asia-Pacific Managing Director Xavier Asensi. The global smartphone company was represented by Sky Li, the vice-president of OPPO and managing director of International Mobile Business.
Around 100 people, 80% of whom represented the Chinese media, attended the presentation. The other 20% came from the international media.
As a result of this agreement, which was handled from the Barça offices in Hong Kong and makes OPPO the club’s official sponsor in the mobile telephones category for the next three years, the two parties will collaborate on a wide range of activities and products, including football events, fan activities and TV advertisements. OPPO has already been visible at first team matches in the Camp Nou since the season’s debut on August 29 against Malaga.
This is FC Barcelona’s first confirmed global sponsorship agreement in China and the second signed by the Club in the country since the 2013 opening of the office in Hong Kong, making Barça the first Spanish football club to achieve this goal.
OPPO, constantly developing technology
OPPO is a smartphone manufacturer that distributes devices to more than 20 different countries, including China, Australia and Mexico, as well as other important areas such as Southeast Asia, Southern Asia, the Middle East and Africa, and currently has plans for further expansion. It is also famous for its premium Blu-ray players that it distributes all around the world and for its DVD players in the United States and Europe.
The FC Barcelona Edition of the R7 Plus, which will come to market under the slogan ‘The Smartphone of Champions,’ has the FCB crest on the back, as well as a Barça themed wallpaper and screensaver. It will also include an exclusive leather case only available to users who acquire a model of this unique phone.
5.000 units will be distributed internationally both online and offline and a charity auction will he held for a special edition featuring the autographs of some of the best FC Barcelona players, the proceeds of which will be donated to the Foundation.
More information: http://global.oppo.com
Statement by Manel Arroyo, vice-president of FC Barcelona:
"It is an honour for FC Barcelona to announce today in Beijing this new sponsorship agreement with OPPO, a company the stands out in design and quality, and with which we share the values of effort, ambition, teamwork, and the desire to be number one. With this partnership we are convinced that together we are beginning a long journey full of success that will bring us closer to our fans in China and around the world."
Statement by Sky Li, vice-president of OPPO and managing director of International Mobile Business:
"As OPPO continues its global expansion strategy, this partnership with the universally-loved FC Barcelona will enable us to reach even more global consumers at a faster and more dynamic pace.”
- Copy link