- Copy link
FC Barcelona has invited the international MPs who are following the Catalan Parliamentary Elections as observers to the President Suñol box at Camp Nou for the game between the blaugranes and Las Palmas on Saturday at 4.00pm CET.
The 15 members of regional, state and European parliaments are in Barcelona as guests of the Council for Public Diplomacy in Catalonia (DIPLOCAT). The visitors will play an observational role on Sunday during election, attending meetings and then reporting back to their respective countries.
FC Barcelona has formed part of the of the DIPLOCAT since December 2013 and as a social and sporting entity and is represented by the vice president Carles Vilarrubí.
The Council for Public Diplomacy in Catalonia (DIPLOCAT) is an institution that was created in November 2012 as a public-private organisation that has as its objective to explain to the outside world and inform international public opinion about Catalonia and at same time raising its profile internationally.
The members of the observation committee invited to Camp Nou are the following:
- Gutto ap Owain Bebb (MP United Kingdom / Conservative and Unionist Party - ECR)
- Mark Demesmaeker (MEP / Flanders – Belgium / NVA - ECR)
- Simon Elo (MP Finland / Perussuomalaiset PS - ECR)
- Jill Evans (MEP / Wales - United Kingdom / Plaid Cymru – GreensEFA)
- Bernhard “Felix” von Grünberg (RegMP North Rhine-Westphalia - Germany / SPD – S&D)
- Mónica Edith Gutiérrez (MP Argentina / Frente para la Victoria)
- Colm Keaveney (MP Ireland / Fianna Fáil - ALDE)
- Peter Luykx (MP Bèlgica / N-VA - ECR)
- Gérard Onesta (RegMP Midi-Pyrénées - France / Europe Écologie Les Verts - GreensEFA)
- Daniel Peña Fernández (MP Urugua / Partido Nacional)
- Mark Pritchard (MP United Kingdom / Conservative and Unionist Party- ECR)
- Sjúrður Skaale (MP Denmark / Javnaðarflokkurin – S&D)
- Alyn Smith (MEP / Scotland – United Kingdom / SNP – GreensEFA)
- Bodil Valero (MEP / Sweden / Miljöpartiet de gröna - GreensEFA)
- Gerald ZELINA (MP Austria / Team Stronach)
- Albert Royo, Secretary General, Diplocat
- Copy link