- Copy link
FC Barcelona have a new centre back and his name is Jeison Murillo, who has arrived on loan from Valencia CF. For those who aren’t familiar with the new arrival, here are ten basic facts that you’ll want to know.
- He was born seven days after Barça won its first European Cup, on 27 May 1992 in Cali, Colombia.
- His bother Junior Murillo plays for Orsomarso in the Colombian second division.
- He first came to Spain to join Cadiz in the 2011-12 season, helping them to top their Division 2B league.
- His only Liga goal was scored for Granada against Valladolid in the 2013/14 season.
- He becomes the third Colombian to play for Barça, although the first, Lauro Gonzalo Mosquera, never appeared in any official fixtures. The second is in much more recent memory: Yerry Mina, now of Everton.
- Other than playing alongside Mina for his country, other players with a Barça past that he has coincided with over the years include Martin Montoya, Ruben Rochina, Oier Oyazabal and Mauro Icardi.
- He says his footballing role model is Thiago Silva of PSG.
- He spent his youth at Deportivo Cali, making his senior debut in the 2009/10 season.
- He has played against Barça three times, always as a Granada player.
- He is very much a family man. His Twitter account is testimony of that, where he often posts pictures with his daughter, who was born on 30 August 2017.
- Copy link