FC Barcelona, after comfortably winning 3-0 in Moscow, have qualified top of their group for the sixth season in a row Five players have started every game in this Champions League: Valdés, Mascherano, Xavi, Pedro and Messi
- The win in Moscow means FC Barcelona have won their group for the sixth time in a row, and qualified for the second round for the ninth consecutive time.
- Valdés, Mascherano and Messi are the only players that have played the full 90 minutes of every Champions League game so far.
- All three, along with Pedro and Xavi, are the only players that have started every game in the competition so far.
- Cesc Fàbregas, who started last night, has now made 75 Champions League appearances. His debut was in 2004/05 for Arsenal, and since then he has scored 20 goals in the competition, two of which have come in his 13 appearances for Barça.
- Mascherano and Busquets won the most balls in Moscow, 12 and 11 respectively.
- This was the third time season that all of Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc have played alongside each other. The quartet also featured in the home wins against Real Madrid and Celta.
- Jordi Alba has started in 11 of FC Barcelona’s last 12 matches. The only game he has missed recently was the cup tie with Alavés, when Tito Vilanova opted to rest him.
- Last night, Alves became the thirteenth Barça goalscorer in official matches this season.
- The Brazilian full back hadn’t scored since February 26 away to Atlético Madrid (1-2).
-Following last night’s brace, Messi now has five goals in the Champions League and is just five short of Gerd Müller’s record for goals in a calendar year (85).
- Gerard Deulofeu played in his first game of the season last night. But it was not his Champions League debut, for last term he came on against BATE at the Camp Nou (4-0).
- In the 20 official matches played this season, FC Barcelona have managed to keep six clean sheets (four times away and twice at the Camp Nou).