Another Real Madrid v Barça where winner takes all. The fifth and last game of the Endesa League final is here at last (10 pm, TV3 and TVE1) and this Wednesday evening we will know the name of the League champions 2013/14. Here are some of the main stats surrounding tonight’s game:
- Tonight’s game is the tenth of the season between Barça Regal and Real Madrid. So far, Barça has won four and Real Madrid five.
- The record books show that over the years Barça has won 12 of the 28 play-off games in Madrid.
- In the four games of this year’s final, Barça has achieved almost identical scores – 72 points in the first three games and 73 in the fourth.
- In terms of player valuation the two teams are finely balanced (293 v 289). Ante Tomic has the highest valuation with 53 points, due partly to his great performance in the fourth game. He’s closely followed by Juan Carlos Navarro with 48.
- Erazem Lorbek is perhaps the most effective player in the series. With just 19 minutes on court, the Slovenian achieved +23 in Sunday’s game in the Palau. No other player can match this.
- Juan Carlos Navarro is Barça’s highest scorer in the final with 136 points. He’s followed by Lorbek with 103 and Tomic with 97.
- Tomic is the rebound king with 52, while Marcelinho Huertas has made the most assists with 33.
-Mavrokefalidis, Sada and Huertas lead the steal stats with 10 each.
- Worthy of note is the 94% success rate in free throws (13/14) achieved by Oleson. Carlos Navarro has 88% (19/22).
- In field throws, Lorbek has the best percentage with 67%. In three-pointers, Wallace has 47%.
- In meetings between Pascual and Laso, the Catalan coach leads by 13-9.