- Copy link
This Saturday will decide the outcome of La Liga. Barça and Atlético Madrid will face-off for the title at the Camp Nou at 6:00 PM CET. Here’s a collection of stats and facts about this weekend’s league finale.
- In all competitions, Barça have hosted Atlético 106 times, of which the Blaugrana have won 60 matches, tied 27 and lost 19.
- This year the two teams have played against each other on five occasions, with a balance of four draws and one victory for Atlético.
- Five Barça players started in the five games against Atlético. They are Alves, Mascherano, Sergio and Xavi.
- FC Barcelona have won their last six games against Atlético at the Camp Nou. Since the 2006/07 season, when the end result was 1-1, Barça have won 3-0, 6-1, 5-2, 3-0, 5-0 and 4-1, respectively.
- FC Barcelona have scored 99 goals in the league this season, 23 more than Atlético Madrid. The Madrid-based side, however, have conceded fewer goals (25 to 32).
- At the Camp Nou will see two of the league top three scorers. Messi (28) and Diego Costa (27), both of whom trail Ronaldo on the goal-scoring table (31).
- Martino have won 16 games, tied one and lost one league match at the Camp Nou. Atlético’s away record stands at 13 victories, one draw and four defeats.
- The Argentinian manager will go up against his compatriot Diego Simeone. They first met on the pitch when they were both players.
- In 1988, the Barça manager played for Newell’s Old Boys and he was shown a red card for a tackle on Simeone. Interestingly, Simeone was later ejected from the game as well.
- The following season, both players with the same teams, Simeone scored the match winning goal (0-1) in the first league showdown, Martino scored the tying goal in the second match of the season between the two teams (2-2).
[[BOTOVERMELL::SPECIAL CONTENT: FCB V ATM++::http://www.fcbarcelona.com/especial-final-liga-2013-2014-fcbarcelona-v-atletico-de-madrid::HOR::NF::NO-TRACKING::::::]]
- Copy link