- Copy link
FC Barcelona managed to end Sevilla’s perfect home record this campaign with a comeback win at the Sánchez Pizjuán through goals from Leo Messi and Luis Suárez.
Jorge Sampaoli’s team had won their opening five matches in front of their own supporters as well as their two games in Europe, but that all came to an end on Sunday. Here are the stats that stood out from the gripping game:
- Barça have now earned three comeback wins this season, adding to the ones against Mönchengladbach and Valencia.
- Of the last seven league wins against Sevilla, Barça have had to come from behind on five occasions.
- Messi has scored ten goals in his last seven against the Andalusians, and has scored at least once in each of those games. He now has 27 goals and ten assists against Sevilla, making them his favourite opponent.
- Luis Enrique has reached 200 wins as a manager: 59 with Barça B, 17 with Roma, 15 with Celta and 109 with FC Barcelona.
- Messi (144) overtakes Raúl (142) as the player whose goals have resulted in the most points in La Liga history.
- Javier Mascherano completed the most passes throughout the game (66), and also recovered possession more times than any other player (10).
- With eight each, Messi and Suárez share top spot in the league’s scoring charts.
- Messi, the protagonist of the win, now has 500 goals to his name for Barça across official and unofficial games.
- Neymar’s assist for the equalizer means the Brazilian has a total of ten this season (four in the league and six in Europe), and five of those have been for Messi.
- Copy link