Barça will remember the 2011/12 season as the year Leo Messi’s 50-goal haul won him the Pichichi Award and as the year that VíctorValdés won his fifth Zamora Trophy. However, FC Barcelona also led in many other statistical La Liga categories, both on the individual and collective levels.
• The team that conceded the least amount of goals: 29 goals conceded (0.76 per match). Madrid came in second, with 32.
• The team that conceded the least amount of shots: 258 (6.79 per match). Madrid came in second with 370.
• The team with the second-most goals: 114 goals scored (3 per match). Madrid scored 121.
• The team with the most goals scored from free kicks: 5 goals. Málaga and Betis both had 4 apiece.
• Second team with the most shots on goal: 614 (16.16 per match). Madrid shot on goal 713.
• Second team with the most corners won: 260 (6.84 per match). Athletic Club finished first with 263.
• The team that conceded the least amount of corners: 119 (3.13 per match). Málaga finished second with 138.
• The team that received the second most fouls: 612 (16.11 per match). Málaga received 642.
• The team that committed the least amount of fouls: 382 (10.13 per match). Málaga finished second with 411.
• Second team with the least amount of yellow cards: 82 (2.16 per match). Málaga finished first with 78.
• Xavi finished the season as the player with the most completed passes: 3,024.
• In the passing department: Dani Alves finished third with 2,672 passes, behind Xabi Alonso (2,880).
• Messi, the Pichichi, was the player with the second most shots on goal: 198. Ronaldo finished first with 252.
• Messi finished the season as the player with the most assists along with Ozil (16)
• The Argentine finished the season as the player that received the second-most fouls penalized by a yellow card (22), Navas finished first with 25.
• Messi is also that player that attempted the most dribbles (394), far ahead of the second-place finisher Jefferson Montero (312).