Xavi Hernández in the 2010/11 Clásico, when Barça won 5-0. PHOTO ARCHIVE FCB.
- With the recent victory in the Spanish Super Cup, Madrid has now won 88 Clásicos to Barça’s 87. There have been 46 draws between the two sides.
- At the Camp Nou, in the Liga, the home team has won 47 times, the visitors 19 times and they’ve tied 18 times.
- Xavi Hernández is the FC Barcelona player that has featured in the most Clásicos. He’s played in 34 official matches against Real Madrid and he’s scored 5 goals against Los Blancos.
- Alex Song knows what it’s like to beat Real Madrid. He defeated Madrid while playing for Arsenal it in the 2005/06 edition Champions League in the quarter-finals (0-1). The 18-year-old came onto the pitch for Cesc in the dying minutes of the away game at the Bernabéu.
- Jordi Alba scored against Real Madrid in the 2011/12 Liga in Mestalla. Madrid won that game by 3 to 6.
- Since the 1964/65 season, Madrid has not defeated Barça consecutively in the Liga at the Camp Nou.
- Jose Mourinho has lost to FC Barcelona 10 times in his career, twice as much as any other team (he has lost to Liverpool five time).
- The 5-0 at the Camp Nou on November in of 2010 is the only time that a team led by Mourinho has lost by more than three goals (in official matches).
- Madrid, in the return leg of the Super Cup at the Bernabéu (2-1), is the only team that has defeated Tito Vilanova in an official match. Vilanova’s record in official matches stands at 9 victories from 10 games.
Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo
- LeoMessi has played against Real Madrid 21 times, he’s won 11, tied 5 and lost 5. He’s scored 15 goals and assisted 10 in Barça’s 44 most recent goals against Madrid.
- Cristian Ronaldo has played against Barça 15 times. His record against the Blaugrana is three wins, four draws and eight defeats. The Portuguese player has scored 8 of his team’s 17 goals against Barça, he has no assists to date against the Catalans.
- With his 15 goals against Madrid, Leo Messi is the second highest scorer in the history of Clásicos, level with RaúlGonzález. Only AlfredoDiStéfano has scored more goals than Barça’s number 10 in Clásicos.
- Madrid is the team that’s conceded the second-most goals to Messi, Atlético Madrid are first with 18.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in the last four Clásicos at the Camp Nou.