The Cesc-Alexis connection was key to Barça’s big win over Mallorca and that’s reflected in these facts and figures from the game.
- Cesc’s three goals marked his first ever hat trick as a professional.
- The Catalan is also the first Barça player except for Messi, to score a hat trick since 25th October 2009, when Keita bagged three against Zaragoza.
- Cesc has so far scored 12 goals and had 10 assists so far this season, compared to 15 goals and 17 assists in his first season back at the Club.
- Saturday night’s was Alexis’ second brace of the season after he also scored twice in the 5-0 win over Cordoba in the Cup. It’s the first time the Chilean has scored twice in a game since April 10th 2012.
- The game also saw Alexis make two assists in the same game for the first time at the Club.
- The team’s goalscorers this season are now: : Messi, 57, Villa, 14, Cesc, 12, with the assists list reading Iniesta, 16, Messi, 14 and Cesc, 10.
- The team have now gone 48 league games scoring at least one goal.
- Deulofeu made his league debut for the first team this season, when he came on as a sub in the second half.
- In the game itself, Barça enjoyed 72% possession, winning back the ball 69 times and losing possession on 79 occasions. Mallorca won back possession 64 times and lost it 88 times.