The French international made his first league start after more than a year
It was Abidal’s first appearance in a league starting eleven since 26th February 2012 and he completed the full 90 minutes against Levante. He put in an excellent performance both technically and physically to the extent that he robbed more balls (17) than any other player. He didn’t commit a single foul and completed 74 out of 76 passes.
Here are a few more of the main match stats:
- Keylor Navas‘s save from Villa’s spot kick was Barça’s first penalty miss of the season
- It was Adriano’s sixth appearance in the centre of defence, each time with a different partner.
- It was Barça’s third consecutive clean sheet in the league.
- Cesc’s goal made it 50 consecutive league matches for Barça scoring at least one goal.
- Barça has now scored 99 goals in 32 league matches.
- Barça enjoyed 79% of possession, completing 834 passes against Levante’s 153.
- Alex Song topped the ranking for Barça for passes completed (116 of 121).
- Barça had 16 goal efforts, 7 of them on target, compared to Levante’s 4 (2 on target).
- Levante committed 5 fouls while Barça committed 13.