The FC Barcelona midfielder made his 141st appearance in the Champions League last night, thus beating the 140 of Paolo Maldini
He also covered the most distance last night, 11,410 metres
Busquets scored his tenth first team goal against AC Milan, and his fourth in the Champions League
Last night’s game between Barça and AC Milan at the Camp Nou produced yet another selection of interesting facts. Here we pick out some of the best:
• Xavi Hernández has become the player with the third highest number of appearances in the Champions league. His 141 tops Paolo Maldini’s 140, and leaves him just a handful of games short of Ryan Giggs (147) and Raúl (144).
• Martino’s starting eleven against AC Milan was the same as the one that played at the San Siro (1-1) and also at home to Real Sociedad (4-1).
• Busquets scored his 10th goal for the club against AC Milan. He has 5 in La Liga, 4 in the Champions League and 1 in the Clubs World Cup. All the goals have been against different teams, apart from Athletic Bilbao, who he scored against twice.
• It was the same man who won the most balls against AC Milan (15). He was followed by Mascherano and Adriano (both with 10).
• The player who made the most passes was Xavi Hernández (146), ahead of Busquets (91). He also covered the greatest distance, 11,410 metres.
• Going back to Busquets, other than Valdés, he is the player with the longest unbroken run of places in the starting line-up. The midfielder has started the last six fixtures.
• FC Barcelona have scored three or more goals in 9 of the 18 official matches played to date this season.
• AC Milan is the team against which Leo Messi has scored the most times in Europe. The Argentinian has now notched up 8 goals against the Italians. All but one of those have been against goalkeeper Abbiati.
• The Argentinian had not scored more than one goal in a game since the 4-0 win against Ajax. He got a hat-trick that day.