Ahead of Sunday’s big game, when top spot Barça face sixth placed Madrid, we look at some of the stats of the two giants as they come into the match
- Barça have now gone 25 consecutive league games scoring at least one goal.
- Barça are the team who have had most shots on goal in the league so far(52), whilst Madrid are the side with most shots wide of the target(54).
- Madrid lead the table in shots against the woodwork(6) and all of their goals (12) have come from inside the box.
- 11 of Barça’s 17 goals (64,7%) so far have been scored by homegrown players, whilst no player who has come up through the ranks at Madrid has scored yet.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has had 19 shots, against Messi’s 18, with both players having scored six goals.
- Barça’s subs have scored the most goals – 6 – after being brought on.
- No league team comes close to Barça’s 4,181 attempted passes, with 3,704 of them completed successfully. Madrid have attempted 3.056.
- Xavi Hernández is the league’s leading passer (530), whilst Xabi Alonso is Madrid’s, with 434.
- Tito Vilanova’s team are the side with most goals scored in the last quarter of an hour -9 – but Madrid have yet to concede in the final fifteen minutes.
- 11 of Barça’s 17 goals have been scored by a left foot – and 4 of the 5 they have conceded have also come from left footers.
- Víctor Valdés has made 12 stops to Iker Casillas’ 10, with both keepers conceding 5.
- Barça have committed 53 fouls and been handed 10 cards, whilst Madrid have made 75 and received 12 yellows and one red card. Adriano has committed most fouls for Barça (6) and Ramos the most for Madrid(17).
- Piqué and Busquets have both picked up 3 cards, whilst Xabi Alonso, Arbeloa and Pepe are the men with most cards for Madrid (2).
(Information provided by Opta Agency)