Barça are back at the Bernabeu - a ground they’ve not lost at in the league for four seasons, with three wins and a draw to their name
The team boast the largest ever distance between them and Real before a game at the Bernabeu – 16 points
Just a few days after their Spanish Cup meeting, Barça and Real Madrid face each other in a league clash at the Bernabeu on Saturday, with the visitors a daunting 16 points ahead in the competition – the biggest ever distance between the two ahead of a clash in Madrid.
There are plenty of other interesting facts and figures surrounding the game, for instance, did you know………?
- Whatever the result, Barça will come away from the Bernabeu with their biggest ever lead over Madrid following a game at the home of their great rivals – 13, 16 or 19 points.
- Barça are unbeaten in their last four league visits to the Bernabeu, with three wins and a draw.
- A win or a draw on Saturday would equal their best ever run of results away to Madrid set between 1969/70 and 1973/74.
- Barça have lost just three times in the league in the last 10 years at the Bernabeu.
- Barça have won a total of 17 times away to Real Madrid in the league and five of those wins have come in the last ten years.
- Jordi Roura was in the Barça team who went to the Bernabeu in the 1990/91 season, but he didn’t actually play.
- Madrid have gone 24 games without defeat at home (20 wins and 4 draws) following their 1-3 defeat by Barça in December 2011.
- Leo Messi has scored in three of Barça’s last four trips to the Bernabeu in the league.
- Messi broke the record of scoring in ten successive away games and has now scored in each of Barça’s last 15 league games.
- Xavi has provided the assist for three of Messi’s last four goals away to Madrid.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored four times in the last four meetings between the two teams and bagged 10 of Madrid’s 20 goals against Barça over the last two years.